Preventative Measures in Our District
The following are general preventative measures ongoing in our district:
- Over spring break all buildings were thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. There will be enhanced cleaning daily.
- Student work areas will be wiped down regularly throughout the day in each classroom.
- No sharing of school supplies.
- Continually informing and reminding students and staff of the recommendations of healthy habits and encourage those practices throughout the school day. Campus principals will address this with their student body and staff directly to clearly articulate district expectations.
- Students will be encouraged to wash hands regularly and before/after lunch. Additional reasonable time allowances will be made during the passing periods in order to provide access.
- In addition to the normal cleaning practices, Clorox wipes will be available in the lunch room for students to do additional cleaning of their dining area.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use by all students and staff.
- Buses and district vehicles will receive extra sanitization on a regular basis.
Dr. Greg Roach